EZ Koat 20 Plus
UV/Aqueous Priming and Coating System for Cut-Sheets and Web
Suitable for both small and large jobs, the EZ Koat 20 Plus can be used offline to produce jobs on-demand, using sheets up to 20.5” wide. For users looking to produce higher volumes, the EZ Koat 20 Plus can be placed inline with large format printers to create an automated workflow solution. Using the Kompac conveyer system, printed sheets are automatically sent to the EZ Koat 20, where they are flood coated, cured and re-stacked.
- Cost effective, sheet-fed or web flood coating and priming system
- Can be used inline or offline
- Handles substrates up to 20.5” (520mm) by unlimited length
- Provides coating control and speed adjustment on-the-fly with the color touch screen
- Uses Solid State Digital UV lamp controller that permits infinite curing and temperature control, saving power and money
- Eliminates the need for re-circulation of the coating – no waste!
- 2-minute coating change (no tanks to clean!)
- Finance for $571/month*
EZ Koat 20 Web Plus
Roll Priming, Label Coating, and More!
Enhance the look and value of product packaging, catalog covers, product brochures, postcards, business cards, and more using the EZ Koat 20 Plus. This high-powered coating system provides users the ability to apply UV, aqueous, primer & specialty coatings to a wide variety of substrates - including those that are digitally printed.
Want More Information?
Cost Effective For Double-Sided Flood Coating And Priming
Available in EZ Koat 20 and 30 configurations, users can save money and reduce the time it takes per project by coating both sides of the sheet or roll - all in a single pass! Suitable for both small and large jobs, the Duplexor can be used offline to produce jobs on-demand, coating sheets up to 30.5” wide.
• Easily apply UV, aqueous, specialty coatings and primers to both sides of the sheet or roll, in a single pass
• Reduce the time it takes per project by eliminating the need to recirculate and coat a second time
• Can be used inline or offline, for sheet-fed application
• Optional high-pile feeders and stackers allow for higher volume sheet coating
• Uses Solid State Digital UV lamp controller that permits infinite curing and temperature control, saving power and money
• Additional add-ons include: in-line conveyors, IR drying, sheet detection (to prevent fires), and corona treating
• 2-minute coating change (no tanks to clean!)
Product Specs & Available Options
Sheet Size: 20.5” (520mm) x unlimited length (hand-fed)
UV Lamp: Solid state - variable UV 70-300 watts/inch
Speed: Up to 200 fpm (60 m/m)
Stock Weight: 7pt. to 30pt (140 to 600 g/m²)
Weight: 1000 lbs. 455kgs
Dimensions: 104”L x 37”W x 51”H (2.65m x .95m x 1.29m)
Coater Electrical: 208-230/1Φ/50-60Hz/25As
Kompac Vac: For quick & effortless 2-minute coating change & clean up
Coating Sensor: Automatically detects coating level & replenishes
IR Dryer: Dries aqueous coatings and assists UV coating wet-out for increased gloss
Sheet Detection: Monitors to help prevent fires and track sheet counts
Interface Conveyor: Allows for inline coating on select digital & offset presses
High Pile Feeder & Stacker: Pallet/Dolly loadable feeder & stacker for high volumes
Cool UV: Add on for heat sensitive substrates
Duplexor: For double-sided coating
Corona Treating: For plastic, synthetic, and metalized substrates
Kompac Coatings & Primers
In addition to regular coatings, Kompac has developed custom coating solutions for special applications, and aqueous and UV primers for difficult to print on substrates. These special purpose coatings can be used for the following applications:
•Soft touch•Writing/gluing •Dry erase •Silver/gold scratch off •Blister packaging
•Non-skid/sand •Food grade application•Playing cards •White opaque
A proper coating can enhance the appearance and durability, increasing the printed product’s value. Kompac offers a wide range of finishing options, with a complete line of UV, aqueous, specialty coatings and primers available for all products. Kompac will help you create a visually outstanding finished product! Place orders through our website, or by contacting our sales department. Available in 1, 2.5 & 5 gallon pails, these coatings can be ordered and shipped worldwide.